PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 07:18
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear All,

Thank you all so much for providing your input that has allowed so many readers to build up their knowledge regarding the ADF selection process. Despite that there are 122 pages worth of posts I would just like to make sure that the picture I have painted for myself regarding the DFR is accurate. Furthermore I have a few questions relating to my personal situation of which I have not been able to find many examples off on the internet and would just like to seek some input/advice from individuals whom have recently been or are currently in the selection process or of coarse are in the RAAF themselves. My ambition is to join up with the ADF as a direct entry officer with the pilot position being my number 1 preference. Thank you in advance for your time.

I sat the general YOU session on the 21st of March 2013. The session went really well, a lot of the information provided on the internet was accurate regarding preparation for the general aptitude testing and also the mathematical testing. I did not finish both tests as I had about 70 of the 75 questions complete on the general aptitude test and around 3 or 4 questions on the maths test where I had absolutely no clue what the answer was. After all the testing was complete I had a brief talk with the medical examiner regarding my medical questionnaire and a brief colour perception test, all passed without a fuss however I still need to get my BMI down but it’s proving to be a bit more difficult than I thought. I am 193cm tall and have a BMI of 31.2, I understand full well that you have to have a BMI of 29.9 and below 105KG to qualify for a pilot role however my years playing rugby and rowing have given me a bit of a bigger frame then most but I will do my best to get her down. After the brief medical examination I was called into the office with the careers counsellor. He provided me with a single A4 sheet of paper with a listing of all the jobs I had qualified for based on the initial aptitude tests. Luckily a lot was available so of course I immediately decided upon following the path of Pilot in the ADF (RAAF preferably).

I have a second YOU session scheduled for the 19th of April 2013 for the “advanced assessment” I believe it’s called. I understand that there will be more general aptitude questions, memory, mathematical, physics, hand eye co-ordination and accuracy testing, however I just wanted to know if the general aptitude and maths test this time round will be of the same standard as the first one or higher? I just want to make sure that on top of the preparation already done I am not missing anything major. I have a few other questions regarding my real life experience but I feel that is more applicable for the Assessment Day and Office Selection Board so I will address those accordingly if I were to progress of course (fingers crossed!). Basically my question boils down to have any of you done the “advanced assessment” for the YOU session lately and what was your experience therein? I am just about to head out to a RAAF information session at DFR so looking to soak up some more knowledge there.

Thank you kindly in advance for reading what would be a lengthy post but seeing as I have read 122 pages worth of posts this is small fry in comparison to some J. Looking forward to hearing from you with your responses.

Kind Regards,

Frag