PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 01:15
Arcal76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avalability

Guys,maintenance is maintenance ! It does not matter which organization you are working for,we still follow what is required by Agusta. And when you have a specific budget who won't increase just because you are running a 139,you have to stick with it.
We have been doing EMS for 20 years.
Yes we have now this private company who took over our system who do not know aviation , and it is part of our problem, but it does not change the fact that parts are no available and the service from Agusta is not great even after buying 12 aircrafts
So,if you have big money available,the 139 is good, for us, it is not the case.
I agree that on the pilot side,it is great,avionics,IFR,autopilot,but for the operator,it is a different story.
All our machines have FIPS,and this system never worked.The tail rotor slip ring has been failing from the start,even after modification from Agusta,it is still failing and after 2 years of operation, we are not able to use it. I know there a very little number of operators who need the FIPS and, as a result, it is not a big deal for Agusta.
Not like I miss flying in ice,because I believe we will get in situation we won't like,but from the operation side,it is not good.
Just the reality.....