PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2013, 16:01
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the security search area will be relocated to the landslide food court
And the food outlets will move to to areas where check in desk are now located
Firstly, I think you meant "Landside", just to clear that up.

Secondly, I beleive the security area will be extended forward, closer to the front, replacing some of the main concourse area, hence:

The existing security area will be moved and expanded with more lanes to avoid congestion. The plan will entail some of the retail and food outlets in the main concourse being shifted to other slots with a concentration airside.
I'm unsure though if they will retreat the exist of security further back as well to allow for a larger departures area to accommodate more shops and restaurants airside.

But the main thing is that there is a committed owner who want to invest and make it a better airport to use and ultimately help attract new airlines and passengers. Never would we have had anything like this in line at Stansted with BAA.

I think MAG have really hit the right nail on the head with this one, will be great if/when it's done since I have noticed the main concourse emptying over the years but the departures still remains busy, especially before the early morning rush!

Last edited by FRatSTN; 15th Apr 2013 at 16:03.