PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 15th Apr 2013, 10:15
goumo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The answer is Yes

I had LASIK procedure to correct my -3 myopia in 2011, the following year 2012 August, I went in CAA for a class 1 medical without notifying them in my application form about my surgery, second phase into my eye test after reading out numbers on the wall, optometrist tried to look into the back of my eye ball under the slitlamp, took her 2 seconds to spot scar on my cornea. she told me straight away that she saw scars and asked me if had refractive surgery, after I admitted it she continued the whole eye test, and later I had to do another test called the contrast test only for those who had refractive surgery. After completing the rest of the medical examination I was told by doctor that failing to declare medical history is an offense, CAA takes this very seriously and I received a court summon a month later, was charged with making false representation and I was fined £1000.

So before you make an appointment for your class 1, make sure you have got all paper works from the surgeon stating every aspect of your refractive surgery, its totally not worth to risk it for a biscuit.