PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arming of Auto-brake - A-320 aircraft
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2013, 08:19
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

So, am half right!

Lo Med Hi

Brakes, soon, sooner and sooner and hard, harder and harder.

Spoilers retract after landing when Throttle at FWD idle?
Autobrake disengages with auto brake selected pb pushed or momentary (careful) application of the toe brakes - there then follows the dis-arming of the spoilers. Clamshells close, spoilers retracted at selection of fwd idle.

With ref to RTO - it makes sense, thank you. But, if, if the case were that auto brakes apply at throttle idle then to cancel same, in order to make that turn off for the one on final Sloppy, Sir, then it would simply be a case of touch the toe brakes and thus cancel the autobraking system. . . . (setting.) So, effectively, no big deal, or is everyone saying that the autobraking (process) and the spoilers are inextricably linked - I think not, I think you can cancel autobrake whatever way you want. Toe or pb. you can retract spoliers by fwd idle and/or disarm spoilers, all actions of which would be instinctive and not require time for pre-thought unless landing heavy on wet - and still, it would be a case of simply gently but firmly plant it down and apply Full rev with med or low depending on conditions and let mother nature do its work, like, spoilers, autobrake etc. If you don`t like what you get then de-select autobrakeing and watch out for the 1,000 psi, no?

Or am I totally wrong here . .?

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 16th Apr 2013 at 08:37.