PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 control yoke grasp ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2013, 12:20
3holelover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sky-738

2 Possibilities come to mind:

A- You're being genuine and asking an innocent question

B- You're fishing

If B is correct, then Have at it... Good one! LOL.

On the other hand... if A.... Then cool, you might learn a bit more from that question than you hoped for (though perhaps not quite what you had hoped)

Real World Aviation - Lesson 1
Item - Z -
Thick skin is a requirement! If you're a sensitive type and haven't quite got the knack for standing tall while being ridiculed or dressed down, don't fret it, there's no need to head to the next 'football match' wearing the wrong team's colours... Simply don any of the many Maggie masks available and head off to your nearest pub.... Don't remove the mask and try to stay there 'til closing if you can. Resist the temptation to run away screaming. Remember, later on, if it's someone on the airplane giving you the needles, there's nowhere to run, so you have to learn to stand pat.

This is as good a place to start as anywhere.

Listen mate, I don't even fly, I'm just an AME so you've got one up on me already!

I think you'll find there is really no "standard" grasp for the yoke.... It's sorta like grabbing hold of your own willy... you do it however it feels right to you and if you were to ask a room of gents how to do that you might wind up hearing a bit of chuckling.

Cheers!

PS... One more thing... Sometime down the road, you'll probably hear some instructor or another tell you "there are no dumb questions!", and you'll probably immediately recall this event and flush a little... But then you'll recall this little bit of unintended learning about the much more serious matter of Thick Skin! Neat huh!?
And I'm being serious when I tell you I think that is one of the more common reasons some people leave this bizz. Some folks just can't grow a layer of leather.

3hl