PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for nailing a landing?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 22:02
chicgeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys!

Totally agree about the consistency. Unfortunately I think its been a whole chain of events. Sadly the school lost one of the instructors last august in a crash which as you can imagine was a factor in the other one departing the school! Together they were a great team, as one had taught the other one so everything was seamless and really consistant throughout! Definitely feel like I took it all for granted now!

The flying school itself has been supportive and reassembled a great team so I am confident about my instructor now, its just at times like this when you are so close, you start to doubt yourself. However, I sharn't let it defeat me at this late stage! I can get it in the air, I can fly it around, just need to get it back on the ground!

Having heard all of your comments I think I have been focusing too much on landing it with a perfect flare, instead of just trying to get it on the ground softy to start with! I know for a fact that I haven't been looking down the runway, which now seems completely obvious!

As for the airfield, Hawarden ATC has its wonderful quirks, even shutting down the apron outside the school's hangar the other week, they must just know I am coming!

Flying again Thursday, so wish me luck for a sunny day and an open runway!