PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 21:24
Admiral346

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and you better add FlyBe/Jet2/Monarch/Thomson/Lufthansa/Emirates...

No, you don't.
Lufthansa will test you, and then you will have to sign a contract, making you liable to pay back for the training, once you get hired. You don't pay back, if you don't get hired within 5 years after completion of your training. There is MPL, but no P2F at all.
And with MPL, I was very doubtful. But now I get a lot of new FOs, with MPL liscences, and they do leave the Sim with more than 100h on type, undergo a linetraining of more than 100 sectors with checkpilots. All after a thorough training in LH flight academy.
They of course have no experience, but what on earth would change that? Time would.
Also working for a regional subsidary of LH, I have flown withlots of new FOs with a background of many hours of small aircraft flying (like Cessnas on minor routes to the Islands in the northern sea). Actually I found them performig worse in a jet then the cadets. They were expected to get the hang of a jet in minimum time, and just couldn't. And the experience of working in a highly productive environment was nil.

Nic