PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 13th Apr 2013, 20:39
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BlakeyC1
I'm currently training to get a PPL
Shows keenness and commitment but what will be significant is how you financed this.

Is it really as competitive as they say?
No it is more competitive than that

Would you say that'd be enough to get through the paper sift?
The paper sift removes those below the minimums. Higher grades just makes you potentially more competitive but what really counts is your personal qualities, aptitude, medical fitness and leadership skills.

I'm looking at a software development course
A degree is a degree but the quality is also important, a 2.1 in a science subject may be seen as more suitable than a 1st in underwater basket weaving.

I was born with an issue on my bones called hereditary . . . bone tumours,. . . . I don't see this as being an issue and neither does my family, any thoughts?
No one here can give you any positive guidance on your medical condition, that is up to the docs at OASC. What is true though is that someone who is 100% is seen as less of a risk than someone who is 99%.

Also would having a PPL and a lot of flying experience be beneficial to my application or does it not have any effect?
None whatsoever, see above.

Good luck.