PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 20:00
FLEXPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know much about Bali, but as far as WX reports are concerned, they may not tell the whole picture. Try China, Philippines for METAR or ATIS, sometimes they don't even mention rain at the airfield, wet runway, etc... so a shower has passed, nobody on approach has been notified, and on short final or close to flare you realize the runway's wet... would have LOOOVED to know that beforehand.

@P40warhawk: 2000h SE useless? same as 200h cadet? I beg to differ. Getting the hang of aircraft handling, regardless of aircraft type, does not come with 200h, no matter how good you are. And if I ever had to hire a 200h pilot or a 2000h pilot, ESPECIALLY if the 2000h were performed single pilot on light aircraft, I would not hesitate one second.

@cessnapete: if the training brings safety and not the flying hours, like ou claim, then all cadets should be captains right away, right? Airlines would save a hole bunch of money and safety would be exactly the same. Good luck, the day it happens, I'll go by boat or train.

Flex

Last edited by FLEXPWR; 13th Apr 2013 at 20:02. Reason: typos