PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arming of Auto-brake - A-320 aircraft
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 19:30
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it may be because, if you have armed autobrake, then the spoilers won`t deploy if autobrake is armed, when doing the ground flying control check, but then that does not make sense, but your mains are compressing the oleos, so thats it then. Its weird, this one, I lack so much knowledge as a student.

Here`s one, Spoilers, armed and autobrake set . . . line up for takeoff, thrust back to idle, spoilers deploy?

Wait, wait, wait, max autobrake starts as soon as wheels rotate and do NOT wait until 72kts, its LO braking that kicks in at 72kts, max starts at wheel rotation, straight away, thats what max is all about, it does not brake harder, it brakes . . sooner. Max,= immed..... Med= 40 kts........., Lo =72kts.
because, because, if you RTO you want it to stop you - not have a debate with itself as to what speed you are doing,

"well, let him wait deary, av been max braking all day, my discs are killin me and over heating, what the heck does he think this is 72 knots . . ? I should co-co . . .

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 13th Apr 2013 at 19:43.