PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - France: la gloire de ses armes
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2003, 00:01
opso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I checked, this was a Rumour Network, not Proved Fact Network, but that aside, which bit of the last para were you seeking justification of my thoughts for?

That the UK thinks it has a special relationship? Countless UK published papers and articles over the past 25+ years.

That the Americans don't held the same view of the relationship? Every US planner and military officer I have spoken to in the past 15 years bar maybe 2. The first time they hear about a special relationship is when working alongside the Brits!

That Germany was favoured? From US NATO Ambassador (Nicholas Burns) approx 9 months ago discussing with a German panel of strategists, uni lecturers and students, the diverging paths that the US and Germany were taking. During that discussion, he sought ways to rebuild the relationship between the 2 countries in the medium to long term, 'to re-establish Germany as our strongest and favoured European ally'.

That Germany isn't favoured any more? Bush's comments over the past couple of weeks.

That (re)building that special relationship could be BLiar's reasoning for going along? Pure conjecture, as, like everyone else here, I do not know for definite what national interest the UK is doing this for.