PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vueling
Thread: Vueling
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2013, 09:42
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it daft to suggest that at Gatwick British Airways may need to move to a more closer Vueling type of operation?

My reason for suggesting this is that in a recent survey by international aviation group CAPA where Vueling labour costs were second best at 8.6pc. Also Vueling was best at the amount of revenue generated for each employee on the books where it stands at €629,566.

Vueling offers a brilliant award winning service as I have mentioned in the past and it's on-board product is excellent and due to improve with proposals of wi-fi being introduced on board. They are still a very young airline however are growing and certainly their UK brand will only improve year on year as they expand.

To compete at Gatwick what would be better for British Airways to continue as they are with fleet renewal, move to a Vueling style operation by competing with the low cost airline while offering a superior product or simply move Vueling in and codeshare on all their UK flights similar to what Iberia do on their Vueling flights to/from Spain?

Some may think i'm off my rocker however there is some logic there regardless of how little it may be.