PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helo Pilot fined for hovering over Mt. Cook
Old 13th Apr 2013, 07:36
NZFlyingKiwi

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Weheka, with all due respect I think you need to go back and read the first few posts again - somebody posted the original story, another person asked whether the DoC rule mentioned by someone else has any justification beyond "it's sacred to Maori", to which I responded yes there is and for the record I happen to agree with it.

You then proceeded to completely miss my point by firstly adding "on the East or West Coast" after my original statement of "on the ground" when you attempted to quote me and secondly apparently assuming I was being quite literal when I said "hundreds of noisy helicopters", which I would have thought would have been patently obvious I wasn't - lord help me the next time I tell my student we're miles too high on a glide approach and he proceeds to commence a frantic search for the oxygen equipment.

For what it's worth, 27/09 does make a very valid point - I personally find a low flying helicopter more of an annoyance than a line of climbers but that will obviously vary from person to person.

But now you're starting to talk about cars driving past and people camping on your lawn, hence why I continue to stand by what I said previously of this moving way outside the scope of the original discussion - I was merely answering somebody's question, you're now picking me to pieces for having a different viewpoint to yourself.

Last edited by NZFlyingKiwi; 13th Apr 2013 at 07:59.