PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways " Think long and Hard"
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2013, 19:14
Flytdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Counterpoint

Hi Nomad:

That was exactly the impression I had. Took a chance and am now employed here. This is definitely not North American style management, neither is it as overbearing as many of those may indicate on this forum. Not sure who they are or where they are, but if they are actually here, would suggest that possibly they are the few.

This place does make it share of management faux-pas (would the new airport be a good example). There have been individuals who have not been treated well and the current managers are not trained or educated enough as administrators to be able to admit and then rectify their errors. Previous airlines have had the same problems.

Am unable to determine if this airline generates more customer complaints than any other though again, from previous experience, would strongly believe that this is not true. If you really want to review customer complaints, track American Airlines, Aeroflot, and more recently, Singapore. As for censorship, how about "the airline that shall not be named"?

Have heard the stories concerning Oxford for quite some time. It would be a shame if it was a "bought" award though after reading the article, am not convinced that this is so. Imagine the British press will be onto this in their usual bulldog manner and if true, we should see further articles supplying some actual proof if Qatar Airways collusion.

As I have stated in previous messages, Qatar Airways has been a pleasant place to work, so far. You have touched on some issues that are present, but not in any more abundance than other airlines. It is not perfect, but I have a lovely place to live, great aircraft to fly, reliable and almost adequate remuneration. The roster is tolerable and expectations reasonable. Not a bad skit in my estimation.