PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for ATSA job
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2013, 18:15
Andy Mayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevvron
I fully accept that Cwmbran is approved to train for ATCO Licence exams, but what do you get at the end of the course that you can show to a potential employer?
Originally Posted by Heathrow Director
I think Chevvron was suggesting that after a course at one of those places you don't come away with a UK ticket.
Things have obviously changed quite a bit since chevvers and HD went through.

To clarify both chevvron's and HD's mis-understandings, these days trainees get given their "yellow peril" as issued by ATSSD on successfully completing their Basic and then their Rating Course (whether that be ADI/ADV/APP/APS), they also get a lovely photograph taken having it presented to them by Alan Moss*.

And for those who are suggesting the original poster applies to NATS. This is much easier said (or typed) than done. NATS only very very rarely recruit "experienced controllers". By experienced controllers I mean those whom already hold an ATCO licence (whether it include a ULE or not) and do not require ab-inito training. Apart from the Spanish division of NATS, I think the last time they recruited licensed ATCOs from the outside of their organisation was for the London LARS set-up (prerequisite for this was APS). That said, obviously I am not aware of all intricate recruitment that may or may not take place without any public adverts being placed in the press however, they do not accept unsolicited CVs!

*Replace Alan Moss for the name of the person who does such presentations at the other respective colleges because I'm quite certain he doesn't tour the country just presenting licences!