PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAVE OUR SERVICES (SOS) _ SDSR 2015
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2013, 23:06
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Wensleydale, they (Lightning II) won't need to as the loadie on board the Voyager will just punch buttons on the Mission Planning System and out will pop the answers and the jets will be on their way home.

Oh, silly me - I forgot that the MPS is not fit for purpose and Voyager isn't cleared to tank, but that doesn't matter because the Voyager can't go anywhere near an operational theatre as it has no defensive aids.
Well it seems that until then, SNCO i/c S1 boxes won't be 'punching buttons' on the Mystery Planning System, I guess. So there'll be a few damp seats in the Voyager as the last remaining navigators find themselves resorting to the nonsense of RAPS.... Which, the MAA might be interested to learn, has never been rigorously tested....

Meanwhile, the mission software (which works just fine) in another tanker is already being updated with future ops in mind - e.g. the use of non-database expeditionary airfields, FARPs and even aircraft carriers as en-route AAR abort options.... The aim being to make the system as intuitive as possible so that it will not require highly experienced personnel to work with it.