PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The blessed Margaret ..
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2013, 12:58
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Pious Pilot,

I like to think that my 33 years military service have partly been spent supporting the ability of people like you to express a view significantly different to the vast majority - without being attacked for your beliefs.

However, rude language and your timing are both highly inappropriate on this particular thread.

For those old enough to actually experience living in the 70's, Britain was a 'sinking ship' with our elected leadership totally unable to stop the rot and struggling with bankruptcy and lack of productivity amongst many other ills.

Although painful to many, Maggie took on the leadership of the country and quite simply saved the nation. Comments like:

I'd argue it's to improve life, not ruin it for millions.
could be expanded to read:

In order to improve the long term life of 60 million people, Thatcher took direct action that unfortunately impacted adversely on several communities. As painful as it was for many, lack of action would have seen the UK continue to slip down into Third World status.

This is not the place to expand on the whole raft of good things she did for the UK. Suffice to say, her overall level of impact for the benefit of Britain was recognised by the House yesterday and her unique funeral arrangements for next week are a reflection of her importance to the survival of Britain.

R.I.P Maggie T