PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese wants to spend $114 Billion on Trains, why?
Old 11th Apr 2013, 07:38
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ANY infrastructure of this magnitude is well beyond Australia's ability we can't even get the bloody awful public transport ticketing system right (costs I believe beyond $1 Billion) never lone build such a rail link. The NBN..............God that's a monumental joke!
In theory it's a great idea but Australians don't know how to spell the word!

It would never work, the current Australian Govt system is so short sighted that the fools within that system are there for one reason, to feather their own nest in the 3 yrs (if they last that long) they get to rape & pillage the joint & get out with all the perks we foolish public allow them!

That amount of money as quoted wouldn't even last to get the rail to the next border ! Can you imagine the rorts, the kickbacks the corruption within the Govt & contractors...............

We are doomed we will never in our or our children's lifetime see anything like this come to fruition so I wish these idiots would stop wasting our time/money!!
For crying out loud they can't even get a 2nd Rwy organized within the next zillion years for Brissy...
I look at the rest of the industrial world who leave us for dead in such construction & I am almost to say I am ashamed to be an Aussie

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 11th Apr 2013 at 07:40.