PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Cebu Pacific Crew here ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2013, 02:22
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread makes me happy I avoided this place. I was laid off as ATR captain from my company 1.5 years ago but also had a jet background. I remember seeing the 6 on/2 off ad for Cebu and being a bit hesitant as it was only 2 off but also thinking how it would be cool to see the Phillipines. The money was not a concern for me.

Now I see the reality of broken contracts, crap flying, never get home, etc. Plus a somewhat violent country.

Instead, I lucked out and got hired on a 747 on a nearby area of the world and get on average 10 consecutive hard days off in a row per month which I combine with the next month back to back for an approximately 6 on 3 off. First class free travel on the airline back to almost where I live. And, expats can upgrade to captain and most expats are not contract to be terminated but considered long term employees(although some are contract). And they will train you on a new type if needed although your bond is renewed(maybe not if a forced transfer).

Cebu sounds like crap and this fat guy sounds like a recruiter. Glad I didn't let you waste my time.