PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool - Speke airport
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2013, 00:05
berniemack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starways

Hi. I would interested to know who your father is? I worked for Starways from 1956 to late 1963. I was an engineer and flew as a flying spanner on their DC 4s. I clocked up a few thousand hours of which were mostly on long haul flights to Hong Kong, South Africa, OZ etc, etc, I also did a spell in the Lebanon and the Congo. During this time I got to know many of the Pilots and got to know most of them pretty well as we spent lots of time in each others company on night stops etc. The ones I used to fly with were:-
George Leigh, Kieth (Dad as he was known) Goodwin, Jimmy Tickle, Frank Feenan, Val Meadway, Van Den-elst, Barny Potts, Johny Socket, Bryan Monkton, Gordon Greirson, Mike Tracy, Philip Ledent, Frank Caroll and a few more. If your dad is amongst these name, I would (out of curiosity) be interested to know,------ you probably know many of these names anyway!! They were all great pilots and that is why I am still here to tell the tale,-----------those really were the the golden days of aviation never to be seen again!!

Kindest regds, Bernie Mackenzie