PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 10th Apr 2013, 22:18
theOutsider23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi jonmayyy,

Thanks for your clarification. I wouldnt have minded you asking me to speak louder/clearer if you had problems hearing me. But I understand your point.

I listen to many real transmissions between ATCs and pilots through live-atc.net and it is quite common to hear one asking the other to speak clearer, or someone reading back the information incorrectly and the ATC repeating it.

I didnt say that I did well in this one.I personally do not feel satisfied with my performance during the group exercise. But I dont know how they are going to assess it. Some people talked a lot, others not that much. Sometimes it was difficult to break into the conversation since the assessors just wanted one person talking at a time.

Next time I will speak louder/clearer. I did not realise I could not be heard much at that time. But I guess that is something that the assessors will mark down on me. What I meant by the previous post is that if that is right, they will take it into account and it would not affect your performance in the test, but mine. That's why I didnt see why you had to blame or point someone out. You can describe how you think you did, not how you think "I" did.

That's all. Anyway, thanks for you answer. It is understandable.

Good luck to everyone.