PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways " Think long and Hard"
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 20:44
Flytdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting perspective

Good stories on this site though after being in this industry for MANY decades, find them a bit lame. Suspect that there is not a single major airline who does not have similar tales dogging their reputations. An airline employee would be the first to admit that things go off the rails. It is a complex business that depends on technology, trained employees, and even worse, Government co-operation. So what could go wrong? Qatar Airways isn't perfect, but in general, believe it is generally considered in a positive way by the majority of their customers. May be a wee bit prejudiced as they currently (and reliably) supply me with my monthly remuneration.

Not having met Mr. Akbar Al Baker, it would not be fair to provide you with an evaluation. Would be a bit surprised to find an individual who is capable of managing such an extensive empire to NOT be somewhat on edge.

In summary. So far would say this has been a positive place to work with the majority of people being excellent and with the expected few individuals requiring remedial humanity training. Fleets do NOT provide similar working conditions so can only relate my personal experience. Good aircraft with reasonable rosters and a reliable income at the end of the day. If things do not work out, well, there are other options out there. For the moment this is a satisfying and rewarding position.