PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you justify the cost of the PPL?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 20:16
Roooob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, very helpful. I know I will be able to afford it at some point in my life, I just don't know whether to do it now when I can just about afford it, or if I should put some money aside each month and do it in a few years, when i'll have money saved up.

Just a few questions:

@grafity- I found a local flying club (which I didn't know existed till I googled it) but their price is the same as my local flying school. Are 'clubs' just as commercial as 'schools' ? (ie. Do they normally have websites and operate as a business, or are they more private and you have to ask around to find them?)

@sevenstrokeroll- I haven't thought of doing it in America. Do your prices include fuel? After i've paid for the flights, accommodation and training costs, would it work out much cheaper?

@ Anyone who wants to answer- How much are we talking for a share in an aircraft? I know it depends on how many people are buying it, but what is a reasonable cost to assume? (I don't know if it's £1,000, £10,000, £100,000 or £1,000,000 )