PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some guidance and advice, pilot/life path
Old 10th Apr 2013, 20:16
factor-x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some advice

Dear overdrive148,

I would advise you to not over complicate yourself. If there is anyway you can ammend things with your father just go back to him and ask him for his support if its still within his means.

My dad financed most of my aviation training up to a certain point, then financial problems came around and we had a significant change in lifestyle. I had to go out and get a call center job to finance what was left of my training, and thats what I did.

I already have PPL, CPL, IR, MEL, and Im working towards the CFI. If you really want to do this, if you want to become a pilot, you will have to do anything LEGAL and honest to help you achive this goal. I had to swallow my pride and accept help from others.

I just took the plunge a few days ago and Im still trying to assimilate that fact that I just let myself go and that now Im on track pursuing my aviation dream. I quit my day job to study full time for the CFI. Within a few months I'll have to start working as a CFI and also get another job to help pay all my bills. But we do what we have to do.

Develop a support network of guys that already work inside the industry. Get jobs in aviation companies.

I had a really hard time explaining employers from other industries how my skills and my aviation degrees would benefit them. Now at age 29, Im ready to move into the aviation industry.

Feel free to private message me if you want. I'm always there for guys that need some support and motivation.