PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK advice please
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 14:07
777_Scotty

Craggenmore

Thanks mate. I came here from low cost really hoping to give this place a chance. A run in with Accommodation when they refused to move me out a flat that had sewage flowing from the aircon, and a lovely encounter with the Dubai police as a witness to a girl that was assaulted and nearly being jailed myself, really opened my eyes to the company and how ex-pats are regarded by the local police. Like I posted above the carpet can be swept from under your feet very quickly here in DXB. You are a Guest and to some a quite unwelcome one at that.

Compared to that, the argument whether a yoghurt is a solid or a liquid is quite trivial lol.

Kempus

Mate your welcome to a ride in the provost anytime ( EK wouldn't let me fly it) I welcome your open and honest answers on here, it was such as shame what happened to you guys in the BA holdpool. You asked about an airline that doesn't treat you badly and work you max hrs, I can name at least one lol...Virgin... Its still in the contract for 750hrs a year max anyway and of the 10 guys I know there on the line for a good number of years, they're very happy.

Now I realise that these, "good" companies are few and far between these days. I understand the frustration working for O'Leary....however I would suggest sitting it out with a 737 command in a base of your choice (I know that's easier said than done hence why i'm here) working 5 on 4 off with little long term fatigue and waiting for the BA's and virgin's of this world might be a better idea than jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. There are others options too Thomas cook, Thompson, Monarch ,Titan, Global supply systems and I'd even say EasyJet might be a better shout than coming to the sandpit.

But in the end your situation might dictate that you have no other choice.. In that case fair enough and the best of luck to you.. Honestly. I think the suggestions of fully embracing the place and making it your home as best as you can is a great idea, and try to block out the criticism of the place. Be wise though and save the pennies and have a good think where your heading after your spell here.

This is only my 3rd post in 5 years on prune, I usually stay away as I hate the negativity. However I really wanted to let people have a good think about this move. If I had know then what I know now I wouldn't be here.

Good luck to you all and safe flying.

Last edited by 777_Scotty; 13th Apr 2013 at 09:45.