PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Provident Fund and Mondial
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 12:52
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irish777

I find it somewhat strange that Mondial would advise not using the C fund as they advised me it was the best and cheapest way into the market. Whilst limited to some extent, the selection for investments available cover all the basics and should be enough for most pilots, from cash to higher risk. Most pilots are either too apathetic or ignorant to bother changing their default setting for the first few years (cash) and many never take advantage of the free twice yearly advice given by Mondial.

At the end of the day, I use my free appointments and have always found it worthwhile. As I've said before, the fund recommendations have generally worked out very well although i've not always gone with their suggestion. I can't see, therefore, what anyone has to lose by making an appointment and going for a chat.

Dropp

Regarding ETF, I know very little about them other than for investors like you and I, only the 'secondary' market is available. You will, I assume, have to use a broker? Either way, they too are limited to certain accounts with restrictions. Interestingly, the graph assumes a yearly growth of 10%. Good luck maintaing that for the next 30 years. Ultimately, it's what stocks you invest in will decide how successful you'll be in retirement.

I'm only passing on my experience to someone who asked a valid question. I'm a professional pilot, not a professional financial advisor. If ETFs work for you, good luck. Why not spend the effort explaining how well you've done with them to the original poster.