PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 10th Apr 2013, 12:25
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BARS Room Barristers?

PAIN, I read through submission 21 and have to wonder out loud - Why?? Why would FSF submit a free plug for BARS, now?? Although I am absolutely not against the BARS process for some operators, BARS is not a solution for all operators. The need for an effective and robust audit program is essential, but BARS is not the 'be all and end all' tool that it is sold as. Any qualified decent auditor with either his own skill or experience along with a number of audit tools out there or even a LOSA style audit is much more effective than what FSF are flogging.

And personally I have found that FSF tend to kiss CAsA's ass just a little too often. BARS is a profit making tool. The Senate is not the place to advertise it. However, to be fair, if the system they flog does increase safety by even a mere fraction then that is a positive outcome. And to be honest any system or process that CASA can offer is usually incomplete, untested, buggerised or is a half arsed slapped together massaged turd.

I seriously do humbly apologise if I have offended any BARS lovers.
It's just that I have been under immense pressure to get the Styx houseboat mechanically sound by April15. We are expecting an ISO audit and Captain Kharon is too busy plotting a chart to get us to Canberra on time.
Also the deck is still covered in baby oil, a soiled twister mat, Bulgarian chocolate body sauce, Barry White CD's, an inflatable pot plant and empty Crownies so there is a lot o cleaning required before we can board new guests!