PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 10th Apr 2013, 10:50
theOutsider23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi jonmayyyy,

I am the quiet guy from "another" country who did the test the same day as you and did not make the cut for the group test according to you.

I just do not find it fair that you pinpoint someone in public saying that he did badly and made it difficult for you. I would like to know in what way I made it so complicated for you.

Speaking more does not mean that it is better or more correct. What is important is the content of what you say, and I feel that I communicated what others needed to know from the information I was given and which nobody else could know.

We could just speak one at a time since I remember that one times I spoke the assessors asked us to speak one at a time. And as the assessors requested, we had to be ourselves not pretending to be someone we think they would like us to be. I am a bit shy too like you, but that does not stop me from communicating when it is required, I just could not find anymore information that could be useful for the rest of the group apart from those times that I spoke.

That exercise required team playing. I feel that by pinpointing and blaming that person from another country does not really show a real team player.You might have done well, bad or so so in the test, but in reality you are not showing to be a good team player, but someone who pretended to be one.

I believe I am a good team player since my work actually requires it in each project and I never go around people's back criticising others.

I have my opinion about how each one did, but I would not be pinpointing in public saying that a particular person did it difficult for the rest, let alone when it is not true.

Team playing is about collaborating and speaking to each other, not speaking about someone to other people. I don't know if some people pretend to be someone they are not when it comes to tests. I just hope that the assessors can really pick up who was pretending and who wasn't.

Anyway, good luck to you and the rest of the guys and hopefully we will see each other in Melbourne and will be able to clarify this matter.

I just jumped in because I felt I had to defend myself and disagreed with your comment. I did not find it fair. You could just have said how it went for you, not who did badly. And when you say that I made it difficult for you, you cant just leave it like that. Every statement has to be accompanied by an explanation to support your comment.

It's the first time I see someone putting someone down in this forum.

As I said, wish you the best of luck and hope you make it through even if I don't, but please, try not to pinpoint in public, and talk directly to that person at that moment when you feel something to say. Hope to see you in Melbourne.

Cheers.