PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CAA is not fit for purpose
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 09:45
victor papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I by no means implied that only a CAA is responsible for safety and very much agree that it is up to the industry and individuals within it monitored and enforced by a CAA. I by no means disagree with QA systems and SMS systems etc. I by no means disagree with paperwork for traceability and accountability.

I merely questioned whether safety is still the primary concern or whether we MAYBE got to a point where especially individuals hide from accountability behind paperwork, meetings, systems etc. and that self importance and titles play a big role. Maybe it is just in the helicopter circles I move then between various countries where it seems that often a lot of the paperwork required and burocracy has very little to do with enhancing safety and more and more to do with money and making the possible impossible with less and less consistency.

I mentioned engineer paperwork as an example because the relation between hours spend on aircraft and hours spend on paperwork seems to become close to a 1 on 1 scenario and I merely questioned whether this is the safest route?

I am questioning, not stating