PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another young pilot needing advice.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 09:00
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flywaikato I have decided not to continue with a C-cat training course. Reason being that I have no desire in becoming an instructor. I understand that with a C-cat my chances of getting a job MAY be higher, but its a road that i'm trying to avoid.

My ultimate goal is to be an airline pilot. I'm willing to travel basically anywhere in the world for this to happen. I know I am young, but just want to see what people in the industry think about where I should begin.
Why do you wish to avoid instructing?

While you may not have any desire to become an instructor you may actually find it very enjoyable and rewarding, make some interesting and probably helpful contacts from among your students and really learn more than a little bit about flying. I know I did all of these things. Instructing was and still is a great experience even though it's not a full time job for me now. Also airlines need instructors in their ranks for their own internal training so people with prior instructing experience are valuable to airlines.

Don't dismiss the instructing option too quickly, more than a few airline pilots went the instructing route. If you do go the instructing way give it your best shot and give your students good value otherwise don't bother.

Last edited by 27/09; 10th Apr 2013 at 09:04.