PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK advice please
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 07:52
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all scotty777! Got a date yet? Still gonna hold you to that joy ride next time i'm up north!

So do I work for a different airline to everyone else who is posting here? I have never worked 92hrs and averaging 62hrs a month for the year. I would suggest a visit to the crs bidding day. My kids are in a good British school, I pay an additional 2500dhs to top the fees up then claim back 800dhs for transport. I spend the difference on a night out in dubai and that is unfortunately easily done.

I agree with what is said about the weather, air con has its pros and cons if you keep it clean but then that's the same for your bathroom.

I have been here a mere year, I put more in my pocket than my mates with 5yrs seniority at BA. "Pension" wise it is comparable to BARP as it is only taken from year 1 long haul salary ie it never increases and with EK increasing thier contributions with increasing basic long term, little in it. Final salary is gone for us and why it is still mentioned is beyond me!

Dubai is a place you need to take with a pinch of salt, a rather large pinch of salt. I'm luck I leave the place at least 3 times a month. The mrs really likes Dubai but then we are out of the city, have a garden, safe surroundings and there are little in the way of locals around us. Speaking of locals, they are hit or miss! I've met plenty of nice ones but there is the odd one that does ruin it for them all.

What else can I say. If BA offered me a job would I take it. Yes. I wouldn't have applied otherwise. I did work out however with a mate who was one of the last taken on that he would make an additional 250k more than me over our careers due to the new "pay scale". We are of comparable age and the likes. That is a wedge of cash in anyone's books.

Oh and I'm no BA reject, I passed selection only to expire in the holdpool. Guess I'm worth as much to BA as I am to EK.

Final thought, pprune is full of either willy wavers or bitter buggers.

Fly safe.

Last edited by Kempus; 10th Apr 2013 at 07:54.