PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 07:23
airsmiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from my concern about the Boeing/FAA/NTSB/JTSB not finding the source of the electrical problems, was it the FAA who certified the original electrical system as safe? If so, am I to trust them that they've properly assessed the new fixes as safe this time?

I'm savvy enough to understand past problems when new aircraft have been introduced (e.g. A380 wing cracks) and understand these things happen at times, but I see an electrical system failure rather than a specific component/assembly failure with the 787 that hasn't been fully addressed. The certification process that allowed the aircraft into service with this technology also raises question marks.

I just get this feeling there's enormous pressure to get the 787 back into service by whatever means and Boeing and the certification bodies haven't done enough to demonstrate a properly researched root cause analysis and systen re-design. When people ask me my opinion on the 787 I have to say don't fly over water on it and preferably not all.

I love the Boeing products like any other but I've never felt about a new aircraft the way I do about the 787.