PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's A380 vs CX
Thread: BA's A380 vs CX
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 04:24
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Reheat

Thanks,

I just knew someone would respond on those lines. If you had read the first six words of my post you would have seen the phrase "Cathay Policy".

The individual girls have no more influence over policy than I, but nonetheless the Policy is defective in not meeting customer needs. The only people who can address this is ISD.

CAD is the Regulator, but Cathay is not without influence and Cathay sets a Policy out of whack with the desires of our customers. Again, the only people who can address this is ISD. So long as what we do is not dangerous, do you think CAD cares?

Regarding the IFE, I recall a few years back the IFE was trialled on pre-departure and ISD quickly declared that customers did not like it. I suspect what customers did not like was the IFE being interrupted by naff PAs in 3 languages telling them the aircraft was being refuelled and the passengers are not allowed to smoke. PAs informing them that if they are struggling with their bags, the Cabin Crew will kindly offload their bags. PAs telling them that Duty Free sales will be available in-flight. PAs in 3 languages telling people to sit down, when an individual FA could just as effectively do it with a stern look and a hand signal. Also, I think it was back in the day everyone had to sit through the naff health in-flight video and I suspect that when all the interruptions were taken into account, nobody actually got to a see any entertainment at all!! Strangely, when surveyed customers thought the idea of the IFE being on predeparture was pointless..... Which it was!!

Meanwhile, our competitors have the IFE running and headphones are allowed to be used at all times. PAs are kept to a bare minimum so as to not disturb passengers. Phones/games/laptops can be used until door closes or aircraft moves and even then a pragmatic approach is adopted.

What a novel concept,- Service before ideology.