PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - zulu.2 v bose A20
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 02:42
Kelly Slater

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Remembering what opinions are like, I find the Zulu to be slightly more comfortable than the Bose. The Bose has some clamping pressure, all be it very little but this also gives it some passive noise attenuation, the Zulu has no passive noise attenuation but also no clamping pressure and a more comfortable headband. Carry spare batteries for both. Both headsets have impeccable sound and mike as well as the ability to listen to something other than the radios. The Zulu come with a very good case, making it easier to look after them. The Zulus have the boom on the left, it cannot be changed. If you are in the right hand seat or you have centre mounted radio jacks, you will have a cord dangling across your body. If you fly like this all the time, you may get used to it but for me, it is a deal breaker. With Bose, you can change the boom to the right side but you need a screw driver to do it so you wouldn't want to be doing it all the time. Both companies offer impeccable warranty service. I know people who have had faultless service from both headsets and people who have returned their headsets many times. Zulu owners will unplug a Bose headset to use their own and Bose owners will do the same. Zulus are a lot cheaper and Lightspeed has a very good rebate program running where you get a sizable discount if you trade in an old headset. If you are going to purchase a Zulu, purchase it from the manufacturer, Lightspeed. Don't pay $600 for a second hand headset that you can buy new for $700. As stated at the top, this is my opinion, my experience only. If you possibly can, try before you buy.