PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2013, 02:17
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A quick search on my username will tell you I have been trying to get into CX for a couple of years now. Finally got to flight grading only to be told that I'm now on hold for at least 12 months.

Fast forward 5 months and I find out on Monday if I have landed a freight job in SE Asia. 6 weeks on 2 weeks off. Starting pay is a bit lower than CX but my accommodation is paid for by the company during the 6 weeks on.

I'm not a 250 hour fresh CPL but I certainly didn't meet the mins they advertise when looking for FO's. If you have less than 1000 hours I wouldn't advise doing what I did which was taking a short holiday/job search in the Orient and knocking on doors.

Even if this job doesn't work out there are still a couple of other places that showed an interest in me.

Sounds easy but I still think I had some lucky breaks as key people happened to be around when I showed up and I could see them straight away. It might not have been so fruitful if I arrived a day earlier or later.

So to all the usual players on this thread (I know China Beached will agree), there are other options to Cathay you just have to go out and find them.

Last edited by pilotchute; 10th Apr 2013 at 09:15. Reason: grammer