PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'AIRCRASH' Channel Four
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2003, 15:17
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every time the 'media' ventures to even mention 'aviation' we can almost hear the gnashing of Ppruner's teeth as cries of "How dare they criticise my industry" are rapidly turned into words - and posted.

As GJB has kindly explained, this programme was to study the psychological, physical and emotional effects on survivors of air accidents.

Agaricus bisporus then lays in with, No hype?, Factual??, Informative???

He then says "every incident resulted in the pilots "losing control" and "all they blethered on about was the death toll".

AB, had you dozed off when we saw the United 747 lose half its front end with the crew (and I include the FA's here) then managing to put it, and the remaining passengers, down in Honolulu?

AB says "Implying again and again the assumption that all incidents result in crashes, that all crashes are unsurvivable".

If this was the intention of the producer why did they advertise the programme as looking into the 'physical and emotional effects on survivors of air accidents'.

Informative??? Yes, I learnt something. The next time I crash I mustn't stand stock still watching the fuselage melt around me. Might help one day.