PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2013, 22:16
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think the new bus service between the airport and London is sad news, not just for the airport, but also for town itself...

Greenline have done a great job serving the airport and even grown over years the meet the demands as the airport has grown.

I find it hard to understand why two bus operators cannot co-exist and compete against each other on the same route, and I maybe wrong, but to me it comes across as greed on the airports part, and have chosen the operator who has offered them the most money!

I didn't realise the airport got involved in things like this and thought public transport to and form the airport would be decided by the individual operators, and not that the airport could kick an operator off a route.

Surely both operators could co-exist, both operating slighty reduced timetables, for example every 20 mins at peak times, but with each operator departing at alternate 10 minute intervals and every 30 mins at other times operating alternately every 15 mins.

Greenline have offered very good value fares too, with tickets for only £15.50 for a period return. Looking on National Express' website, the cheapest fares are £12.50 each way...

I highly doubt Luton, will be able to sustain the current frequency of buses to London without the stop at the airport, and would expect Greenline reduce the service to something like hourly or half hourly at peak times.