PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME-CPL/IR at Flying time aviation - Shoreham
Old 9th Apr 2013, 19:58
southernjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Time Aviation Hour Building

I can't comment on the CPL/IR package at FTA but i have had experience of their HB package on the DA40. The costs I incurred during this phase was exactly as stated on the website and as discussed with the FTO when I enrolled.

As an aside I had to revalidate/renew my SEP rating and chose to do it with FT. The Chief instructor was very professional and worked with my previous experience to ensure everything was at the correct standard before proceeding to a test without taking me for a ride and costing me the earth which some FTOs may have done.

Whilst flying with FT the ground and Ops staff (most of which are working there as aspiring future commercial pilots) were very courteous and flexible with booking HB slots around my day job as well as answering my queries and questions on good places to fly and activities to conduct whilst HB.

The only slight negative I have about FT is that the continuity of instructors was sometimes not as I would have liked it to be and I flew with four different instructors in the space of four weeks (about six flights) whilst I was brushing up on my skills for my renewal. This was probably due to the nature of my busy full time job and squeezing in the flights when I could but I would have liked to have a bit more continuity. This is probably different on a full time course so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Finally the ability to PAYG with FT is always a bonus as you just credit your account as you need to top it up at the end of a flight

Overall a positive experience for me and I would recommend FTA as an FTO for the HB FT I conducted there. I will be considering FTA for my CPL / IR in due course of course along with the CTC Takeoff option.

Anyone out there any opinions on the CTC Takeoff course, I would be interested in opinions?

Regards

SJ