PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Apr 2013, 18:48
ualgrizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RJ...your getting your panties is wad...take a shot of that Texas whiskey. If you come here try the Armenian Cognac...never tried until I got here...not too bad either. Nobody is advocating not coming...well, I take that back, I'm sure there are some. You were insinuating that a first officer is going to make a lot of money...."double your salary man, of 65 large...do it man" right??? I recently flew with a gent from the States, married, he is living pay check to pay check. I shared a spot with a mate of mine on arrival and he too was living pay check to pay check until he upgraded...now that's just anecdotal ain't it...but you've been to Dubai and know all about this stuff. Neither was living high off the hog. Now, I've been to Paris, Munich and lot's of other hot spots, but I don't have a clue about the cost of living. You have been to Dubai...when and for how long...you lived here in some sort of castle? The recession is no longer a player here my friend. I assure you, you will not be able to afford that castle. There are very few us that live in said luxury. It sounds like you have it rough wrt the cash flow and the balance sheet...I assume you have kicked your wife's a$$ out the door to work. She will not make much here...but there are exceptions. Just sayin' lower the expectations a bit...the coin is OK but I remind you again, you're not going to be wealthy. That reminds of my buddies that used to give me grief about my free $100,000 education (30 years ago). It was free alright, shoved up my a$$ in nickel at a time. Point being...that extra cash you are gonna make here is coming out of your hide.

Come on down...enjoy the place...just be aware. There are some people that love it. I say again it's not the States. I hope you get here. I am told the recruiting folks are targeting guys like you...young guns, with some jet time, little green around collar, perhaps having a tough time at home with the finances. Gets you wondering...don't it!