PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Apr 2013, 18:00
captkirk3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree 100% with rj2driver!

The US regional lifestyle is very hard to deal being single and even worst if you're married with kids! However it's a great place to build flight time quickly!
Most of us hang in with hopes of getting hired with legacy carrier. Sad thing is, they consistently drag there feet on flying, shift flying between different regional carriers, they're notorious for laying off pilots every few years in big numbers and not to mention unions fighting with management for better pilot contracts (every US carrier period). Unless you get hired during the first hiring way, furlough and/or displacement are likely to happen when the cycle comes. Also It's not promised that every legacy we apply to will call!
Their are tons of RJ pilots here in the US and so the legacy carriers could pick, choose and refuse. As rj2driver said its to the point where we don't care about upgrade, just need money to pay bills and survive until a better opportunity presents itself.
As for me FZ has giving me that opportunity to interview and I'm going to take it!