PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 9th Apr 2013, 17:54
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NRDK. Well said that man. One squaremetre: The AOC does all the work for the CAA. It's this that is audited not the individual. You can be excused though for not being up to speed with civvy audits.

Which brings me onto Lalasteady - I love that handle by the way...genuinely funny.
However you comments really do leave much to be desired, methinks.
Let me address your 'scorn' in order:
Staneval ARE SAR. Much of what is taught and practiced by the SARF has been either modified or designed by Staneval, so when Staneval (the ONE pilot and ONE crewman) visit, they are checking not only the individual but that their work is being practiced in reality......a conflict of itnerest I would say.
Again (like onesquaremetre) you seem not quite able to grasp who or what the CAA is all about. The CAA aren't ensuring the company they are auditing are/are not making a profit. They are technical (engineering inspectors) and operational (pilots/crewmen) inspectors. They have only one desire - to make sure the AOC is being sustained ...safely.
It doesn't mean they have to fly with anyone in fact. The company TRE's do this. Now company TRE's can be ramp checked at any time and without notice. It is beholden upon the TRE's/IRI's/CP's of this world to maintain standards and with something as serious as FLYING, do you honestly think there are checkers out there who turn a blind eye to safety in order to tick company profit boxes?? Seriously, do you? Can you imagine the irrevocable damage that would ensue if a compay like Bristow were found to be derelict in their duty due to internal cover ups? It would finish them off as a future contender for any work.
So let's get real where it comes to how and why the CAA function.
PS: They already have civvy SAR pilots in their midst and guess what........all of them are ex mil

Your final comments aren't worthy of a response.

lalalalalalalalalalal

Last edited by Thomas coupling; 9th Apr 2013 at 17:56.