PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - is this a logical path into the right seat?
Old 9th Apr 2013, 13:20
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You remind me of myself when I was 16! Trying to work out the best way in and processing all the different methods of training was a very difficult task. I'm glad you've got the sense to realise you can't afford it immediately and will have to save for it (you'll be surprised how many people don't understand this and run to the bank for a massive loan!). I know nothing about the military and have never had any desire whatsoever to be involved. However the piece of information that I am aware of is that competition is fierce and you have to be 100% committed to the military, which, forgive me if I'm wrong but appears but that you may not be?

If you're interested in being a technician then perhaps you could go to your local college and learn the trade. I know people who have gone down this route and started at college doing something like this, http://www.farn-ct.ac.uk/subjects/en...neering%20-%20 A a good chunk of them have finished and have now secured apprentice jobs with TAG and I believe ATC Lasham to name a few.

I personally am not a massive fan of getting myself dirty so took a very different job in the industry to help fund training and gain some experience. I'm fortunate in the fact that I work for an incredibly secure and profitable airline, flying a variety of routes with a wide range of people. Further to this I’ve met some people who are generally willing to help me. Will it work? Who knows... we shall wait and see?

Best of luck to whatever you decide to do.