PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 9th Apr 2013, 07:07
ualgrizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goat, FD's pay is damn near double your salary man, I'd say go if it's just you and the wife....3 years rolls by pretty quick. I have an assessment coming up in May, do post some gouge please...

Easy Flicka...life is more than just money my friend. Do, do your due diligence before coming here...besides the cost of living in Dubai will render your salary much less than the "double your salary" you speak. For me, it was a good place to hang my hat for a few years while furloughed from an american legacy..."ual"grizz. FlyDubai, like everywhere has the good, the bad and the ugly. But, it's unfortunate the ugly seems to be getting uglier and the bad worse...schedules (absolute crazy 10 hours night flights followed by serious early morning shows and we are getting more of them) and housing allowances failing to keep up with the skyrocketing rents. As well, we go to some pretty austere places with not so nice guys lurking in the bushes. There is an "attempt" to make some changes to some of the ugly and bad, but this "attempt" has lingered for over 3 years. On the other hand, the good is very good...job security...it is easy to keep your nose clean...just do your job. Your colleagues are good people with very few exceptions. The place is growing like a bad weed...chances of moving to the left seat are good. You can save money in three years, but don't expect to be a wealthy man (in the generic sense) when you leave. There are plenty of posts about Dubai itself. Other than being a hot oven in the summer, it's not a bad place to live, but it's not the States and it's not your country...often times you are reminded...but, generally speaking you are welcomed. Most people that come here adapt well...keep your middle finger to yourself (sometimes that is hard to do when you drive) and be mindful of the customs and courtesies. There is a symposium in April with some FlyDubai reps...if you are considering this place you need to go. Listen to a guy named Randy...he will not blow smoke up your skirt and will tell it like it is.

"Good Luck"..."Taken" with Liam Nesson