PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 9th Apr 2013, 05:43
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA smelt the CASA Pooh. Lets probe deeper.

Halfmanhalfelephant, you raised a very good post from an old Sunfish thread. I would encourage all those who aren't aware of Australia's close call at being downgraded to a Category 2 please read the cables.
We should really consider the FAA's concerns in light of current events. The FAA considered this action back in 2009. But have improvements been made, really? Well since that time period;
• The outcome of the Pel Air accident has been released. As a result damning evidence against the ability of CAsA to surveil effectively or regulate efficiently have become even more apparent.
• The ATsBeaker has taken a downward spiral over 4 years to the point that it is a laughing stock nationally. Even the Senators compared the Australian ATsBeaker to third world nations equivalent bodies.
• The CAsA board has had a further 4 years of embedding itself and what has it achieved? Nothing nothing and nothing. The Regulator is worse than it has ever been. The Board is a useless vehicle that simply exists to protect its Dear Leader in Government.
• Australia has had a prolonged senate inquiry into aviation safety based in part upon industry concerns to which some have been proven beyond doubt.

A downgrade is serious stuff. It means the guilty country does not comply with ICAO standards. It is ironic that CAsA can be seen in that light, and its an indictment upon those at the helm of the Regulator, several who have been at CAsA a decade or two in senior roles. Considering Cat 2 countries include Ukraine, Philippines, Bangladesh and Ghana I am appalled at our current system and its state. This also reflects woefully on Teflon Tony and his ability to minister our aviation. I am seriously thinking that the FAA and ICAO return and undertake a LOSA style in-depth audit.
The issues we have run deeper than many would suspect. It's just a shame that the Senators don't have the power to enact special powers to immediately correct the present issues.
The potential downgrade accompanying the damning Australian audit report must surely open the eyes of the non believers or critics of those of us who have repeatedly trying to raise the red flag. Keep in mind almost 4 years has past and we are not in a better position.

Hmmm, Ghana, Ukraine hey? Even Israel made it back to Cat 1 last year!
Skull, Doc Voodoo, 'He who won't speak in the Senate', Beaker, Board members, Teflon Tony and other assorted individuals - shame shame shame.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 9th Apr 2013 at 05:54.