PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 9th Apr 2013, 03:18
jonmayyyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

Have read 50 odd pages, first time poster.
I put in my resume and applied via seek some time ago.
Roughly 2 weeks later i was emailed to do the online test. After the online test i was phoned for the phone interview, 3 weeks later.

Some people have said to me they were pre warned of the phone interview, and got to set a time. Mine was out of the blue, basically they called and it was straight into the phone interview, every-ones experience will be different I guess. The guy on the phone interview was only after short concise answers. When I asked him at the end when I would hear back, he was caught of gaurd, and suggested I keep checking my Emails.

Probably a week later I was called (not emailed) to attend the Brisbane testing center for April. Following this they emailed me to pick a day and I picked Monday 08/04/2013.

So after reading this forum a bit I brushed up on my Maths skills using year 8-9 algebra workbook 1 (available at QBD) - algebra workbook 2 says year 9-10 so I just used workbook 1....
I dont think this is cheating as the online test for math was measuring speed of sums, not knowledge.

So yesterday I did the big day test, very nerve wracking!
There was six of us (including me) and 7 Testers. We each got given a timetable which was different (some people did sim first, some did sim second etc etc.)

They asked us not to go into specifics, so I will give you this for the sim - just make sure you have a good short term memory! If your going to decide something make sure you can tell them what that was in 2 minutes time

For the group test, was actually quite fun. They gave us each a sheet with limited info, we couldnt look at each others sheets. It was a game in a way of finding the info you needed from the others, who would in turn need some info from the next guy to do their task. (edit )

For the spatial test some of the things I have read about did not exist, I have read some people previously were tested by having a moving box across the screen dissapear then they have to click when it reappears. This was not on the test!!!
Anyhow the things they did test there is no prep you could do! If I could retest tomorrow, I could not prepare, and would do the same tomorrow most likely for results!

For the interview i found this easy, was very relaxed, however we also had another interview / briefing which was us getting up in front of the assesor and presenting back to them information we only had a short time to read. This was more like getting up in front of class of students and doing a debate or doing show and tell - for myself, a more shy person, I found this much harder then they person to person interview!

If you also did the test yesterday, today or tomorrow (Wednesday) let us know how you found it? And GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by jonmayyyy; 10th Apr 2013 at 13:55.