PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of False Callsigns
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2003, 12:12
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avdata provides for airfield operators and owners a simple and economical means of recovering some of the costs involved with maintaining an airfield. If the system continues to be abused to the point that they are missing out on significant revenue then those same operators might have to consider other means of recording arrivals, such as someone physically taking down details of aircraft as they land. Guess who's going to pay for that?

Healy,

The Rottnest rort is a favourite of the weekend warriors. I was working over there about 18 months ago and heard a mooney overhead and landing. Didn't hear a peep out of him on the radio I had sitting on the table. When he walked through the terminal I said "Might be a problem with your radio mate, didn't hear your inbound or circuit call on the CTAF". He turned a bright pink and pi$$ed off pretty quick.
Rottnest Island Authority last year circulated a discussion paper on revenue raising for the island. One suggestion was to increase landing fees to something like $50.00. If the Avdata abuse continues we might just see something like that in the near future. Still, not as bad as Ayers Rock though ($55.00 MIN landing fee)