PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 23:04
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that on the first two incidents with the aircraft, there were no runway length restrictions as the resurfacing hasn't been taking place now since end of March (wind/snow/low temps etc) so how they managed to suck in stones from the debris caused by the works (that weren't ongoing at the time) is a real mystery.

Third time it landed with reduced distances runway 25 so the runway works (which are at the rwy intersection) were not a factor as the aircraft does not pass the works area.

Stones don't fly so for the airport to say it may not be runway works related is bull. The fact is it happened at BFS.
Well they haven't been able to prove it yet, your statement is just your assumption (as I outlined above, I'm struggling to see how the works impact the situation at all?)

If some of the guys who are fixing the engines aren't entirely certain, I think it best to let the investigation run its course.

As you know it all would you tell us what additional measures were put in place to try and keep LS from moving?
Well, there it seems there was a considerable effort made to accomodate Jet2 in their investigations, including taking them out onto the runway to see for themselves, also I saw the airport sweeping and inspecting the runway several times during the last couple of days. Then we even had to tow the aircraft to/from the runway holding points for all arriving/departing Jet2 flights (despite some of their own Engineers saying it wasn't necessary)

All in all I think the airport has tried to reassure Jet2 about the continued safety of the aerodrome. I, for one, AM cynical enough to suspect an ulterior motive.

Jet2 top brass were in meetings today so I suspect we will find out soon enough