PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 20:19
takingoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people have little else to be doing then giving out about a PR stat on twitter. Besides, the amount of debate this has caused means its gone down a treat! Im sure the marketing team in Knock which is probably only one full time member of staff with another lad/girl on a FAS work placement programme (WPP) on the social media side of things so I wouldnt exactly be too hard on them. In this one tweet no public money was spent or wasted. I'm sure if you look at twitter accounts at Dublin, Shannon or Cork they get stuff wrong, these things happen and of course like in any business you will round up figures rather then down. Remember the photo Luton Airport posted of a Russian plane crash on a social media site a few weeks back with an very ill remark, a lot worse has been done but hey lets knock Knock anyway..

I see something on the Dublin thread about a new codeshare with Etihad. Cant see Etihad wanting to travel down to Knock for no reason regardless what the actual outcome will be.
(Taken from the Dublin thread)
Dubai: Etihad Airways said on Monday it has received regulatory approval for its codeshare deal with Irish carrier Aer Lingus to offer codeshare flights via Irish capital, Dublin, to the US.