PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Advice
Thread: General Advice
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2013, 20:12
Dan the weegie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, perhaps what I wrote wasn't quite what I meant.

What I meant is, that where you do your CPL is where you should do your ME-IR. The FI is really not so relevant as to where but the quality of it is so very important and variable. I would do it at one of the very established FI schools down south.

So basically you could do your CPL and ME-IR at PTH and then do an FI at On-Track. You would still have a connection to PTH and they might be keen on hiring you. But you'll only know by going along and getting a feel for the place.

What you're thinking makes some sense, the thing is that you only get a job when one becomes available and quite often the timing isn't right, the school you were at will forget you about a week after you leave so don't expect much in that regard.

As for Networking, yes professional pilots do occasionally appear at schools but it can be quite a pain in the arse for them as the wannabes can jump on them like flies on Mad Jock's underpants the moment they come within 50 yards of the place, so remember that when they do .